Tuesday, February 8, 2011


I stayed all night to watch UFC 126 because I don’t have any internet last night and I don’t have any cable television. I just relied on the replay by Studio 23.

Anyways, it was almost 2 AM when the main match between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort was aired.

The last time I watched Silva was his very disappointing performance against Sonnen. The match went on the distance of give rounds and no one was knocked down and Silva played like a fool from round 2 onwards.

And I expected on UFC 126 that Silva must redeem himself.

And he did!

Well, during the first few minutes of the round, I was quite irritated that no one was making a move. I just thought that maybe it will end quick because the two are really strong punchers, they are just real careful. And when the two started to open up, in a few seconds, the fight was over.

A front kick by Silva went in straight into the face of Belfort and the latter went down. Silva attacked him with a couple more of punches and the referee stepped in to stop the fight.

Impressive victory for Silva, a far cry from his performance against Sonnen.

The knockout was dubbed as the "Knockout of the Night.”

Now, it is rumored that Silva and St. Pierre will face each other.
Boasting a 14-win streak since April 2006, Silva now has a 28-4-0 record.

On the other hand, Belfort absorbed his 9th loss with 19 wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment